Danish: Ermitagen. Was built by architect Lauritz de Thurah from 1734 to 1736 for King Christian VI.
The photochrom image taken between 1890 and 1900.
We have adjusted colors and contrasts and removed some scratches and marks. But the beautifully gradient is a result of the original colouring process.
Printed with Japanese archival ink on a matte Hahnemühle paper in our own studio in rural Copenhagen, Denmark.
Design no. 7110